There’s no better way to spend a May afternoon than with savory barbeque, delicious drinks, and classic cars while listening to live music in Downtown Bloomington! The Festival is produced by the Bloomington-Normal Area Convention and Visitors Bureau and is a not-for-profit event.
- Downtown Bloomington 200 N. Main Street, Bloomington, IL 61701
- Live Music: 4:00pm-10:00pm – 4-5:30pm Radim City Rebels, 6-7:30pm Brett Conlin and the Midnight Miles, 8-10pm Naptown Hepcats
- BBQ Vendors: 4:00pm-9:00pm – Check out Route 66 Red Carpet Corridor Festival Vendors for more information.
- Car Cruise-In: 4:00pm-7:00pm – Check out a variety of classic cars on the museum square in Downtown Bloomington! We’ve partnered with the Mid State Cruisers and Twin City Cruisers to bring you some of the best classic and modified cars in the region.
The Red Carpet Corridor Festival includes the following Communities!
Each community will produce its own events, including full-blown festivals to antique and craft sales, art sales, car and motorcycle shows, live entertainments, and plenty of yard, garage, and sidewalk sales along the way. For the complete itinerary and more information about the 2023 Red Carpet Corridor Festival, visit this link: ilroute66redcarpetcorridor.com
– There is tons of fun to be had in downtown Bloomington. While in the area, check out the amazing dining, shopping and art galleries that downtown Bloomington has to offer. Cruisin’ with Lincoln on 66 will be open on Saturday 9am-5pm as well as special hours on Sunday 10am-2pm and you can be certain to find some amazing history and fun souvenirs and the Red Carpet Corridor Giveaway at this stop. To get a complete listing of downtown Bloomington businesses, check out https://www.downtownbloomington.org/
– Stop at Ryburn Place at Sprague’s Super Service, 305 Pine St., to pick up the Red Carpet Corridor giveaway. This 1930’s gas station, garage, and café is a restored Tudor- style building, with a photo op at the replica gas pumps. Check out the vintage cars that will be showcased. Special hours are 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday. While in Normal, head to uptown Normal for some great shopping and dining. The Children’s Discovery Museum will be open 9am-5pm Saturday for a nice “play break” for the kids. Learn more at ryburnplace.com
& Uptown Normal
– Stop in Chenoa, the Crossroads of Opportunity, located at Route 66 and Route 24. The Texaco Star is an original gas station location. Weave through town and pass the Matthew T. Scott House listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Shop at the all town garage sales and a big vendor event: Chenoa superior shopping event! Enjoy historic architecture downtown and stop by Chenoa Pharmacy, still maintaining original 1889 floors and cabinetry. Look for the gazebo near the pharmacy for the Red Carpet Corridor giveaway. Click here
to learn more.
– Activities on Main Street in downtown Lexington. Experience unique restaurants, discover exquisite boutiques, taste craft beer, enjoy live music, selection of vendors, food trucks, family activities and photo ops. Take a drive down Memory Lane, get a picture with the Lexington neon sign, visit Patton Cabin – the oldest building in McLean County and the nationally recognized Van Dolah Castle. The Red Carpet Corridor Giveaway will be available at Lexington Community Center. Click here
to learn more.
Saturday, May 6, 2023
4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Downtown Bloomington on the Square
106 W Monroe St