Behind the Scenes Tour
Have you ever wondered, “What’s up that staircase?” or “What do they keep behind those STAFF ONLY doors?” Have you always wanted to explore the attic or the basement of the David Davis Mansion? Would you really like to know how something specific works inside the mansion? Do you wish you could learn more about the house than is explained during a standard tour? If so, this special behind-the-scenes experience is for you.
Here are just SOME of the things you will learn:
• How was the Davis Mansion lit and what was the source?
• Did the water come from a well?
• Did the city have water available in 1872?
• What about lighting the gasoliers? How was that performed?
• How was the boiler fired?
• What’s in the attic?
These questions and more will be answered during the Behind the Scenes Tour.
This is NOT AN ONLINE EVENT.
Tickets for this special experience are $20/each in advance, and may be purchased NOW
Saturday, October 28, 2023
8:30 am - 10:30 am
David Davis Mansion
1000 Monroe Dr
Bloomington IL 61701