The Bloomington-Normal area has several major employers that provide a stable base of employment for the community.
Their demand for services, products, and commodities impact other businesses in Bloomington-Normal.
BN Top Employers
- STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANIES | 14,109 employees
- ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY | 3,639 employees
- COUNTRY FINANCIAL | 1,905 employees
- UNIT 5 SCHOOL DISTRICT | 1,549 employees
- ADVOCATE BROMENN MEDICAL CENTER | 1,372 employees
- OSF ST. JOSEPH MEDICAL CENTER | 1,225 employees
- MCLEAN COUNTY | 806 employees
- AFNI, INC. | 765 employees
- DISTRICT 87 SCHOOLS | 664 employees
- HERITAGE ENTERPRISES | 550 employees
- CITY OF BLOOMINGTON | 542 employees
- GROWMARK, INC. | 462 employees
- ILLINOIS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY | 450 employees
- NESTLE USA | 450 employees
- BRIDGESTONE / FIRESTONE OFF-ROAD TIRE CO. | 438 employees
- TOWN OF NORMAL | 368 employees
- NUSSBAUM TRANSPORTATION | 325 employees
- HEARTLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE | 299 employees
- CHESTNUT HEALTH SYSTEMS | 260 employees
The above information is from the Bloomington-Normal Economic Development Council’s 2015 Demographic Profile.