WHEELS THROUGH TIME: A HISTORIC BIKE SHOW
Join us Saturday, July 20th at David Davis Mansion, 1000 Monroe Drive in Bloomington, IL for Wheels Through Time: A Historic Bike Show.
• Wheels Through Time: A Historic Bike Exhibit
• Bloomington Cycle & Fitness: bikes for riders of all ages, including electric bicycles!
• 10:30 and 1:30 Presentations:
Two Hundred Years of Bicycles: New Technologies and Social Acceptance, 1817-2018 presented by Thomas Burr, Associate Professor of Sociology and Anthropology, Illinois State University
Early History of Women’s Cycling in Illinois presented by Christopher Sweet, Bicycle Historian, Illinois Wesleyan
• Noon – Slow Bike Races: bring your bike and participate… awards will be given!
• 4 PM Casual ride on Constitution Trail ending at Keg Grove Brewery.
• Bring your bicycle and join the fun!
This event is free to the public … all are welcome! Donations gladly accepted.
The Historic Acting Troupe will be in the mansion from 10 a.m. to noon. They will be portraying people who actually lived in Bloomington/Normal after the Civil War.
The Mansion is open for tours from 9am to 3:30pm.
For more information, call 309-828-1084 or visit www.daviddavismansion.org
Saturday, July 20, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
David Davis Mansion
1000 Monroe Drive
Bloomington IL 61701