Make Music Normal in Uptown Normal
Make Music Normal is an all-ages, free-to-attend festival taking place in Uptown Normal on Friday September 10 and Saturday, September 11. This vibrant area will be filled with local musicians of all genres performing on stages placed throughout Uptown. The festival also focuses on participation, giving attendees the chance to learn choreography, play an instrument, sing with a group, and so much more. It’s a festival you won’t want to miss!
The first wave of performers for Make Music Normal has been announced:
- Matthew Curry (Bloomington native making his Make Music Normal debut!)
- Chicago Farmer & the Field Notes
- Dan Hubbard with Matthew Pittman
- Alabama Getaway feat. Edward David Anderson
- Glenn Wilson & Friends
- Straight Answer Jazz Trio
- Taylor Steele & the Love Preachers
- V8 Vast Change
- Wayward Motel
This year’s focus was to bring back acts that had been slated to take part in the 2020 event. However, the festival continues to offer opportunities for open mic and sit-in sessions. Artists interested in performing are encouraged to watch the event’s social media pages (facebook.com/makemusicnormal) and uptownnormal.com.