Golf Courses Re-Opening! Here are the New Rules
Beginning May 1st, golf courses will be fair game! Governor J.B Pritzker has given the green light for the greens and will be allowing Illinois golf courses to re-open under strict restrictions to ensure the safety of everyone. Before heading out to the course, please review the following rules/restrictions to keep you and everyone else safe.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play. In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should
- Tee times will need to be booked ahead of time. Please visit the golf courses website on how to book a tee time.
- Golfers are only allowed in groups of two.
- Golfers must walk and carry own clubs; no caddies.
- Bring your own supply of balls, tees, ball markers, and any other equipment needed to play
- Insist on social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the round.
- Players shall maintain adequate physical distancing between other twosomes.
- Golfers should pick up their own ball.
- Handle your own scorecard.
- Bring your own water/sports drink, towel, and snack.
- Do not use the public drinking fountain or ball cleaner.
- Leave the flag in place while putting.
- Sort out the sand in the bunker with a club.
- Put on your golf shoes at your vehicle.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use during your round and at the end.
- No handshakes at the beginning of the round or at the 18th hole.
Guidelines released from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
City of Bloomington Golf Courses (Highland, Prairie Vista, The Den at Fox Creek)
Taking reservations starting at 8:00am on Wednesday, April 29th. Please call the course to make a tee time.
Prairie Vista: 309.434.2217
The Den at Fox Creek: 309.434.2300
Town of Normal Golf Course (Ironwood)
Accepting tee times on their website, normal.org/1284/Golf-Ironwood.
ISU Weibring Golf Club
Tee times can be booked in advance at www.isugolf.com
Accepting online tee reservations starting Tuesday, April 28. thelinks.teesnap.net.