Get Your Six on 66
When most people think Route 66, neon signs, diners and convertibles come to mind. You’ll find all those there, but there’s a whole other aspect to the “Mother Road” that most people tend to overlook: its historical significance in American culture. Constructed in 1926, it was the road that made travel from the Midwest to the West Coast faster and a more realistic possibility than ever before. The Mother Road runs through both Bloomington and Normal with multiple historic and major attractions along the way.
To celebrate National Travel and Tourism Week, the BNACVB has created a Route 66-themed campaign to showcase the restaurants and attractions on the Mother Road in our area. Get Your Six on 66 features nine locations that participants can visit for the chance to win a grand prize: a photo shoot at Ryburn Place at Sprague’s Super Service!
Here’s how to play:
1. Pick up your Get Your Six on 66 postcard at our CVB office, the Cruisin’ with Lincoln on 66 Visitors Center or Ryburn Place at Sprague’s Super Service
2. Between May 5-18, visit at least six of the following locations:
– Avanti’s Italian Restaurant in Normal
– Cruisin’ with Lincoln on 66 Visitors Center
– Eric’s Restaurant
– Gene’s Dairy Delight
– Kelly’s on 66
– Miller Park Zoo
– Ryburn Place at Sprague’s Super Service
– Sugar Grove Nature Center
– Tobin’s Pizza
*Restaurants will be offering participants a 10% discount, as will attractions on items of their choice.
After your meal or visit, you will receive a sticker from the restaurant/attraction staff. Your postcard must be presented in order to receive the discount.
3. Turn in your post card to our office by May 20. The winner will be announced on that day.
4. Participants that visit at least six of the locations will receive a gift bag filled with Bloomington-Normal items.
As you travel down the Mother Road, snap some photos and share them with us by using #VisitBN. We’d love to see them!
If you have questions regarding this event, please contact Brie Lohr with the BNACVB at 309.665.0033 or by email at email@example.com.