About our volunteers
The mission of the Bloomington-Normal Area Sports Commission is to promote BN as a world class sporting event destination, and to solicit and support sports activities and events which stimulate our local economy, enhance the area’s image, provide outstanding entertainment and participatory opportunities, and contribute to our community’s quality of life.
Our success over the years would not be possible without all the time and effort put forth by our volunteers. Our volunteers help us put on some of the best amateur sporting events in the world, and we truly appreciate your contributions.
In order to accomplish our mission, we need people who are willing to dedicate their time and skills by volunteering for our various events.
If you have what it takes to be a volunteer, please contact Matt Hawkins phone 309.665.0033 or email email@example.com to be added to our volunteer roster. You will be contacted periodically about opportunities.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Amateur Softball Association National Tournaments
- Country Youth Classic Golf Tournament
- Illinois High School Association Boys Golf State Finals
- Midwest Nationals Wrestling Tournament
- Special Olympics Illinois State Basketball and Summer Games
- State Farm Holiday Classic
- State Farm Illinois Collegiate Softball Championship
Sports Marketing Internship
The Sports Marketing internships focus on the administration of different sporting events that come to BN. Interns assist the Sports Marketing Manager with these events as well as with the marketing and promotion of the Sports Commission.
Events could include: IHSA Volleyball, IHSA Girls Basketball, IHSA Boys Golf, IHSA Cheerleading, IBCA All-Star Games, COUNTRY Youth Classic Golf Tournament, Midwest Nationals Wrestling Tournament, State Farm Illinois Collegiate Softball Championship, State Farm Holiday Classic, and many others.
If you would like to apply for an internship you need the following qualifications:
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic personality
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Prefer student of Junior/Senior standing who uses the internship for class credit
- Prefer anticipated degree in Business Administration and/or Sports Marketing/Management
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Internship opportunities & inquiries
There are no Sports Marketing internships available at present; however we are always interested in hearing from enthusiastic people with strong qualifications.
To inquire about internship opportunities with the Sports Commission, please contact Matt Hawkins phone 309.665.0033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org